Image Map

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Summer Snapshot





It's Tell all Tuesday time!!  This week it is on one of my favorite topics...SUMMER!  Diana at My Day in K and Jayme at Teach, Talk, Inspire are thinking summer and want us to share one of our favorite summer memories!  It was a hard job to pick just one, but I think I picked a good one!!

Last July, I had the opportunity to head to Vegas for the 


This conference was so much more then just a professional development opportunity.  It was a chance to hang out with two of my best buddies from my school, meet a new friend (who grew up where we are from), and meet some of the most amazing teachers, including some of the teachers I admire most!

The conference was AWESOME!  Who gets excited to get up early, get ready, and head over to our first session before 8 am, when we didn't get to our hotel til after midnight .... we do!  From the moment we walked into the Venetian we were excited!!  We loved our sessions and the chance to debrief when we got out of them.  The exhibit hall was fun to browse through (more then once) and purchase, all our must haves!  The Crystal Springs Bookstore gave us a chance to grab resources that had been explained in our sessions.

I would have to say one of the biggest highlights was the Teacher/Blogger Meet-Up, put on by some of the most amazing teachers I have ever met and who are also so down to earth!  This was a party where we got an amazing bag of goodies, got to network and meet tons of teachers, and have the opportunity to win AMAZING prizes.

The experience is one I will treasure forever!  I look forward to seeing everyone post pictures and stories from this year's conference.  I will be sitting this one out, as Joey & I will be making some of our own memories!  Here's hoping Vegas will be ready for me next year!!!!

Just a few of the highlights!!!


Me with Hope from Elementary Shenanigans


Me & Sara from at Life in the Fast Lane


Sara, Lesley, and Me!


Amy from Step into Second Grade (Amy was the first blogger I ever followed and for that year, I am pretty sure my students thought Mrs. Lemons was their other teacher.)


Deanna from Mrs. Jump's Class and Me!!!


My teaching buddies/travel companions Sara and Kim!


8 comments:

  1. Love the pictures!!!! I can tell it was such an amazing experience!! Can't wait to go someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get jealous every year seeing everyone pictures from Vegas. One of these years, I am going to save up money to go myself! It looks like you had a blast too! :)
    Crystal
    www.funandlearningatbba.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous!!! I'm so happy you had the opportunity to experience that, though! I can't wait to go someday!

    Shine on in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. How FUN! It looks like you had a great time! Thanks for sharing your snapshots!
    Ashley and Brooklynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it looks like you had an amazing time at the conference last year! I too am sitting this year out due to an injury, but I am SO THERE next year! Thanks so much for sharing your Summer Spot!!

    Warmest Wishes,
    Erin
    www.kinderdragons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are making me so excited for TPT Vegas 15! Thanks for sharing!
    Erin
    Very Perry Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicole, looks like you had a great time! I went a few years ago to the I Teach K conference in Vegas and I loved every minute of it. I learned such valuable tips and tricks and met some great people. I felt inspired to start the new school year. I am also hoping to go to Vegas next year! Thanks for taking the time to link up with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a fantastic time at I teach 1st last year. I went to the I Teach K and I agree it was an experience I will never forget. The blogger meet up was so fun, but super crowded. I had no idea it would be like that. I am super lucky my school is sending me again this year. Hopefully you'll make it again next year!

    ~Laura
    Luv My Kinders

    ReplyDelete