Image Map

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Five for Friday





I am so excited to link up with Kacey at Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday!  Summer is here and life if full of crazy fun, but what else would you expect with a teacher and a two year old!!!  Here are five randoms from our RAIN filled week!


There is something exciting going on in the TPT/Teacher world and it is called the 



I took this as an opportunity to reignite my passion to start creating and most importantly connect with amazing teachers from EVERYWHERE!!!  I struggled in the past with comparing myself to others and have realized, WHY?  Who am I trying to impress, no one is the answer!  I am just interested in being the best ME, I can be!  So I tool a leap of faith and am excited to see where it takes me.  The trouble so far has been that my laptop crashed last summer and it had the few products I had created on it.  But I am searching for a zip drive that might have a few on there too!  If you haven't looked into this challenge, it is amazing!!!  Thanks to Third in Hollywood, Teach Create Motivate, Sparkling in Second, and Peppy Zesty Teacherista for this fun opportunity!!


Before Joey arrived, I was feverishly trying to ready our house to have it perfect for her.  Looking back that was quite silly as the only home she knew was her creche and she shared her room with 14 other toddlers.  One area I thought would be perfect for an office was our little basement area.  I got the perfect desk at IKEA, I organized got her a chair and thought we would be ready for tons of creating fun.  WRONG!  I decided that in the winter it was too cold down there (Yes, Mom you were right!) and it just wasn't fun to hang out down there.  So I caved and had my best friend/computer guy move my desktop upstairs.  So this is my reality...


Yes, I am sitting on Joey's chair with my computer on a sofa table, with a printer, my planner, and my notebooks on the floor.  I have tea cups and play jewelry surrounding me.  Remember when I said I was trying for a perfect house...well who knew this would be our perfect!  But don't worry, I foresee a trip to IKEA in our near future and will upgrade to a real desk and ergonomically correct chair. 


What weird pictures right?  Well the little cutie with pink heart sunglasses isn't weird, but they are random pictures but I promise they have a purpose!  They represent what Joey and I are doing this summer, the 100 Miles of Summer!  It is a challenge to myself to walk 100 miles before the first day of school!  Teachers report on August 13th.  I have 87.7 miles to go and 8 weeks to accomplish it!  If this monsoon season we are currently in ever ends, it should be NO problem.  Wish me luck!


 Last year one of the things that I struggled with as a teacher was READING, well actually ELA to be exact.  Our district provides us with a pacing guide, but not a basal text.  We had a plan but as is life, it wasn't as detailed as was needed.  This year that is going to change. Together with my new team we are creating a curriculum map detailing our ideas.  We are creating the list of books we need and will have everything ready to go!  Thanks to Amanda at Teaching Maddenness for creating the awesome template we used.  It feels great that it is not even the end of June and we have this almost complete!!!



Life with Joey is amazing!  Each day we experience something new together.  It feels like we have always been together, but then its hard to believe we have been home 3 months.  She has grown in size and personality.  44 days from now, I will have a 3 year old in my house!  Well this week we hit a milestone.  We turned the crib into a toddler bed.  She was unsure at first but I think she is going to like it.  Let's hope!!



That was my week, I hope your week was fun, relaxing, and productive!!!  

Go link up...



1 comment:

  1. LOVE this post! Such a successful week! Can't wait to see your TpT makeover! Love the fitness and love your desk ;) Looks like quite the comfortable spot to work! IKEA here we come!

    ReplyDelete