Image Map

Monday, August 4, 2014

Monday Made It


It is time for my 1st Monday Made It with 4th Grade Frolics!  It only took 3 Monday's but hey...at least it is done!!!  Hope you enjoy!


Step 1:  The picture above is the start of a little re-furb, which consists of 5 gallon paint cans (I got mine at Home Depot, but you can get them at Lowe's also).  I sprayed my cans with navy paint.  I didn't use primer, which I might regret later, but the blue did a great job of covering.



Step 2:   Next I tackled the padding.  I tried to get it at Jo Ann's, where unfortunately I received some not so nice customer service, and it was WAY expensive!!!  I then found myself at Michael's, where I was able to find it pre-packaged and could use a coupon!  Well I am not going to lie, this step of cutting the padding into circles was a little rough.


Step 3:  I glued the padding to the lid and laid it down on the fabric.  I wasn't sure how to secure the fabric to the lid!  I ended up hot gluing, then tucking the fabric into the lid crevice as I went.  It wasn't perfect, but I was ok with it!

And in the end, I was pleased!  I hope my kiddos like their seats and I can't wait to see them in use!



1 comment:

  1. The bonus storage inside is such a... bonus! I'm always looking for more SPACE!
    Kathleen
    Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete