Image Map

Monday, August 18, 2014

Back to School 2014: Who Monday?


Who am I?  Well since I should be tweaking my lesson plans for the 1st day of school, you might say I am a procrastinator!  I like to push deadlines, but I also hate missing them...so I always get it done.  I like to say I work best under pressure!

I am also a first grade teacher in the heart of Illinois, entering my 8th year of teaching at the same school.  I am a "non-traditional" teacher, as I spent ten years working in the Community Health/Injury Prevention field.  Making the decision to become a teacher was one of the best decisions I have ever made.  It didn't come as a shock to my friends and family, when I told them I was going to go back to school to become a teacher.... as they said they always knew that is what I was meant to be.  However, I will say working outside the world of education only helps to make me a better teacher, so I wouldn't change my career path for anything!

I am also an aspiring blogger and TPT'er!  I can't tell you how many things I have learned following everyone out there.  The blogging/TPT community is filled with so many great ideas and support!

I am a mom to a little girl, who hopefully will come to her forever home this year! I am the daughter of the greatest parents a girl could ask for!  A sister/sister-in-law to my wonderful brother & sister-in-law, an aunt to the coolest 6th grader & 8th grader in the world, a teacher to 26 little firsties (that I am anxious to see tomorrow morning), and a friend to the best friends out there!

Join me tomorrow to see WHERE I teach!!!

To learn about more teachers....



No comments:

Post a Comment