Image Map

Sunday, September 20, 2015

A Peek Into My Week..


Before I get into a Peek into My Week, I will give you a little peek into my life!!! We have now been in school for one full month!  Progress Reports went home on Friday and we are half way through Quarter 1!  WHAT??!!??!!??  I know all you teachers out there will understand when I say, where the heck did the month go?  I mean, I love FALL and all....but October is 11 days away, how did that happen??  Well as always, I had a plan and it has been a rough start to the school year!  Not rough in a bad way, just rough on my side...trying to learn to juggle life, school, and my amazing little three year old!  To add to the fun, we of course experienced the hottest temperatures of the whole year...once we started back to school in our non-air conditioned building!  No one knows hot, til they are hanging out with 22 first graders in a room with temps WELL over 90!  We survived and the smell of crisp air is on the horizon.  The amazing three year old is adjusting to our new schedule (thank God for her amazing babysitter). And I, am beginning to keep my head above the water! I have a new plan and I think it is attainable!  So be sure to stop by more frequently, as there are amazing things happening in Room 105 and you won't want to miss it!!!!

Now on to our week...

Events for the Week:
SIP Day
Back to School Showcase
Core Value Assembly
DIBELS testing

Our current focuses:
ELA- Pete the Cat Unit: Story Elements, Punctuation, Nouns, & CVC Blending
Math: Ways to Make 6,7,8,& 9 & Number Sense to 120 
Science: Objects in the Sky






Daily 5 looks a little bare on purpose!  We will be using that time to tweak our skills, as well as work on some projects for our Back to School Showcase!  

A few of the resources we will be using are:
The Groovy Cat Pack from Teacher by the Beach
100 Chart Puzzles from First Grader at Last

So there is your peek!  Now be sure to check back and see how it goes!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment