Image Map

Friday, September 5, 2014

Five for FRIDAY!!!!

Well it finally arrived...FRIDAY!!!  And in honor of my excitement, I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Five for Friday!  My pictures aren't great but I will get better, ya gotta start somewhere!!  Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!







How great is it to be in floating in a pool on a Sunday afternoon and not worry about school stuff...all because you have another day off!!  Three day weekends are the best!!! A sunny warm pool day with a friend...priceless:)


Anyone else out there pin things like crazy on Pinterest and then NEVER do them???  Certainly I am not the only one..right???  Well I have big goals for myself and I want to be that teacher that really gets the kids engaged and be like all of you!!!  I have been so inspired not only by the teachers I work with daily, but also teachers in this awesome blogging community that I discovered over two years ago.  So now when I find it, I will TRY it!!  So what do 6 year olds like more anything else???  Using their hands and having fun!  So I decided that I would try some homemade playdough for rolling out our spelling words.  Well the recipe was simple but it didn't quite turn out right.  So back to the drawing board this weekend.  Be on the look out for pictures of my kiddos playing with playdough...I will find a recipe!!  And yes, I realize I can buy it...but where is the fun in that??



We began our Pete the Cat unit this week!  Nothing too exciting to share yet...but next week we will really get into it with Teacher by the Beach's Groovy Cat Unit.  I am so excited I can't wait!



I have to get better at keeping my table CLEAR!!!  The whole purpose of using a table is so I can work with kids!!!  I MUST get organized.  This was taken about an hour before Back to School night.  I got it clear before I met with parents.  Not as great of a turn-out as I would have liked...but it was nice to connect with some parents I hadn't met yet.  It was a long hot day and the good news is we all survived!!!


I am working with Lindsey at L.Paull Designs for All for a new blog design!  I am over the moon excited with what she is creating and I can not wait to share it with everyone.  Maybe next week my new look will be LIVE!!!  Check in next week to see!!!

Thanks for checking in on my week!  Please leave me a comment, I love meeting new bloggers!!!

1 comment:

  1. My secret to keeping my teaching table clear is to have a bookshelf behind it. I stack everything on the shelf so my table stays clear. (I won't tell you what my shelf ends up looking like- LOL) I can swivel in my chair and reach all the supplies. It works out pretty good.
    KinderIrick

    ReplyDelete